Every year Festival International de Louisiane comes to Lafayette and brings music, food, fun, and culture. People from all over the world come and enjoy the experience of Festival International. Even though Festival is a time to enjoy yourself and let your worries go, things can still go wrong so, you should always be prepared.
1.”Wear comfortable clothes and shoes,” said junior Lauren Taylor.
A lot of walking is involved when going to Festival and since it is Louisiana, it’s normally hot.
2. Plan out where you are going to park. Parking is very limited and the walk can be very long from your car to festival. Cajun Field is open to the public to park there for free and ride a shuttle that passes every 15 minutes to Festival. If you want to park closer, you can park at churches like Ascension for a low cost.
3. Always carry cash because in order to pay for parking, food or drinks, or any souvenirs, you need cash. There are many venues and International Festival merchandise shops around downtown Lafayette.
4. Bring water. It’s hot during the day and it’s easy to get dehydrated walking around and dancing in the sun.
5. Get a map of the festival and a lineup of what bands are playing at each stage. If you’re looking forward to seeing a certain band, make sure you know what stage they’re playing at and at what time. It’s easy to get lost, so make sure you have a map of the different venues.
6. Explore the different shops and restaurants open. Make sure to walk around and experience International Festival to the fullest. There are so many things to do and see. Make sure to have fun and make memories that will last a lifetime.
by Ellie Beregeron Junior Staff Writer